If an explosion occurs somewhere in your building:
- Pull the nearest fire alarm to evacuate the building.
- Call 911 tell the Police dispatcher the location of the explosion and, if known, its seriousness and any possible injuries to personnel. Be sure to give the Dispatcher your name, room number and telephone extension. Do not hang up until the Dispatcher releases you.
- After you have completed the call, wait a safe distance outside the building until help arrives.
- Do not approach or come into contact with any downed utility lines or other damaged utilities.
- Direct responding emergency personnel to the explosion area and any personnel that might be injured.
- Assist in taking a head count of building occupants in order to help determine who may be trapped in the building. Communicate this information to the emergency response personnel.