Immediate Emergency Actions
If the power suddenly goes off in the building you are in…
- Remain calm and let your eyes adjust to the darkened condition
- Unplug or turn off electrical equipment that was in use when the power went off in your immediate area. This includes computers, desk lights, etc. and any other equipment that can adequately be shut down.
- Leave at least one light switch “on” so you will know when the power is restored.
- Move cautiously to a lighted area. Exits may be indicated by lighted signs if the emergency power is operating.
- For information during a prolonged outage, check the GFC MSU website.
If you are advised to leave the area, follow your evacuation route and wait at the assembly area for further instructions.
For More Information on Power Outages and Preparedness