Welcome to the trades division of Great Falls College MSU. The trades division is dedicated to training a skilled work force for area employers and the state of Montana.
Program options include:
- Industrial Technology - The Industrial Technology program prepares students for operation and maintenance jobs dealing with industrial machinery. Program graduates have general skills in industrial safety, electrical troubleshooting, hydraulic and pneumatic system operation, and mechanical system repair. These skills are built on a strong educational foundation in math, writing, communications, and computing.
- Welding Technology & Fabrication - The welding program is recognized by both the American
Welding Society (AWS) and the Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB). The skills that you will
have as a graduate of the Welding Technology & Fabrication program are highly valued
by these industry standard organizations and also by employers. As a graduate, you
will be prepared to produce welds in all positions that meet industry standards using
the following processes:
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW)
The Trades Division offers educational opportunities for developing aptitudes, perfecting
skills, and acquiring the knowledge necessary for individuals to be effective and
competitive throughout lifetime employments in a changing work environment. The trades
division currently consists of an Industrial technology program and the Welding program.
Our dedicated faculty and coaching staff work closely with students to gain the knowledge,
skill and interpersonal skills required to gain meaningful employment.
Our state of the art equipment used in both programs will assist students in developing skills required to enter into the work force.