- All applicants must have already applied to and been accepted as students at GFC MSU THEN
- A completed Application Packet must be included by all students entering the program AND
- Fit one of the bulleted intake criteria listed below:
Cybersecurity CTS Intake Criteria
- One of the following degrees within the last 8 years: associates or bachelor’s degree in Network Support and Security, Programming, Microcomputer Support or similarly related degree in Information Technology/Information Systems. Provide Transcript(s).
- Currently enrolled in a two- or four- year degree at least sophomore level in Network Support and Security, Programming, Microcomputer Support or similarly related degree in Information Technology/Information Systems. Provide most recent transcript.
- Related work experience with consent of the program director. Provide proof of relevant work experience in the form of resume and a reference questionnaire from at least two work-related individuals, one being a direct supervisor. Industry certifications such as A+, Microsoft Servers, Net+, Security+, or others can be used in place of a degree when combined with relevant work experience.
- For individuals without these qualifications, the list of pre-requisite courses are:
|Code ||Title ||Credits |
|CSCI 105||Computer Fluency||3|
|ITS 210||Network OS - Desktop||3|
|ITS 215||Network OS -Dir /Infrastructre||4|
|ITS 224||Introduction To Linux||4|
|ITS 280||Computer Repair & Maintenance||4|
Many students need preliminary math and writing courses before enrolling in the program requirements. These courses may increase the total number of program credits. Students should review their math and writing placement before planning out their full program schedules.
Plan of Study Grid
|ITS 164 ||Networking Fundamentals + ||3 |
|ITS 245 ||Exploring Computer Forensics + ||3 |
|ITS 271 ||Securing Desktop/Mobile Device *,+ ||4 |
|ITS 218 ||Network Security *,+ ||3 |
|ITS 222 ||Enterprise Security + ||3 |
|ITS 274 ||Ethical Hacking and Network Defense *,+ ||3 |
|ITS 289 ||Professional Certification + ||1 |
| ||Total Credits||20|