Graduates are prepared to:
- Sit for the national certification examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board.
- Perform with entry level skill and competence in assigned chairside dental assistant duties and responsibilities (including expanded duty functions as defined by the Montana Board of Dentistry).
- Substantiate the mastery of oral radiography theory and techniques.
- Utilize computer technology associated with the profession of dentistry, including but not limited to digital radiography, intraoral cameras, and dental-specific software for the operation of a dental practice.
- Integrate concepts in the dental sciences, prevention, and oral health promotion to a variety of treatment situations in the dental setting.
- Demonstrate appropriate cultural, legal, ethical, and professional values (including adherence to HIPAA standards).
- Articulate dental language appropriate in business, clinical, and educational situations.
- Apply OSHA infection control standards during all aspects of dental care and practice.