Graduates are prepared to:
- Use computer applications and software in maintaining health information in health records.
- Research and rely on knowledge in correct medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, and disease processes.
- Identify and apply accurate diagnostic and procedural codes for reimbursement.
- Exhibit professional communication skills in oral, written, and electronic formats.
- Maintain confidentiality of health information while developing a commitment to adhering to the standards of professional integrity, honesty, and fairness.
- Interact professionally in the healthcare environment with healthcare providers, patients/clients, and the public while understanding diversity among cultures and societies.
- Apply knowledge of health information technology to solve problems while utilizing critical thinking skills.