GFC MSU CEO/Dean's Award for Teaching Excellence
The CEO/Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence recognizes outstanding full-time faculty at Great Falls College Montana State University. It is awarded annually to one full-time faculty member at the College who distinctly represents teaching excellence epitomized by Great Falls College MSU. The recipient receives $1,000 and the honor of joining the platform party during commencement exercises and addressing the graduating class.
To be eligible, applicants must be a full-time faculty member recommended by a student or current employee of the College and in good standing in the areas of performance and attendance.
The criteria given below will be given equal weight by the Selection Committee.
1. Instructional Effectiveness:
- Encourages and employs active learning
- Creates and offers many options for learning
- Provides prompt and constructive feedback
- Assesses student learning through documentation
- Encourages the development of the College Learning Outcomes
- Integrates technology appropriately into teaching and learning
- Understands current trends and issues related to pedagogy and the discipline
2. Student Centeredness:
- Promotes positive student relationships
- Encourages collaboration and cooperation among students (through group work or projects, collaborative learning communities, service learning, or other mechanisms)
- Engages learners as full partners in the learning process
- Communicates high expectations, but motivates for success
- Encourages personal development, work and career preparation
- Creates change in learners
- Engages students in activities outside of the classroom
Members of the Selection Committee are appointed annually by the CEO/Dean and comprised of the Chief Academic Officer, the Chief Student Affairs and Human Resources Officer, two (2) faculty members, and one (1) representative of the Associated Students of Great Falls College MSU.
Nominees may not serve on the Committee.